From: President, LFCW
To: All Mission Stations in Nigeria
Subject: Dealing with the Boko Haram Menace in Nigeria
Date: May 15, 2014
Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil (Eccl. 8:11)
Introduction: An Urgent Call for Concerted Intercessions!
The case of the abducted over 200 Chibok girls is a matter of grave concern and an assault on the nation and the church of Christ in particular, as over 90% of these girls are Christians.
This is apart from thousands of believers and pastors who have been slain, many during worship services in churches between 2010 till date. We must arise and silence this Goliath called boko haram.
First, we must believe that the ongoing ugly situation is but a common battle and that God has reserved victory for us as a nation – 1Cor. 10:13
We must also recognize that it is a battle against the powers of darkness – Eph. 6:10-12/16/
2Cor. 10:3-5/ Ex. 12:12
We must therefore engage in a fight of faith in prayers to bring down these agents of the wicked one called boko haram – 1Tim. 6:12/ Ps. 74:20
We must also recognize that trusting in our strength is a risk and trusting in human helps as against God’s help is dangerous – Ps. 33:16-20/ Ps. 20:7-8/ Is. 31:1-5/ 2Chr. 16:12-13
We must therefore actively engage the spirit of God to bring down these hosts of hell
– Is. 59:19/ Zech. 4:6/ Lk. 10:19.
It is high time the church took spiritual responsibility
We will recall that this church once called for prayers for the nation and ‘Pelatiah’ that was disturbing the peace of this nation then died. I believe God will do it again as He overthrows the camps of boko haram and silences them forever in Jesus’ name – Ezek. 11:1-13.
• But we must pray and pray aright – James 4:1-2
• We must begin to invoke vengeance upon the camp of boko haram, their perpetrators and sponsors – Ps. 94:1-5/ Ps. 68:1-3/ Ps. 35:1-6
We must recognise that we are in the last days, the day vengeance against the camp of the enemy – Is. 61:1-2/ Acts 13:8/ Joel 2:23-24
• We must start to invoke curses on the network of boko haram organization – Is. 54:14-17/ 2Thess. 1:6
Recognizing that everything that mocks the church of Christ is ordained for a curse
– Gen. 12:3/ Gen. 22:17-18/ Ex. 4:22-23/ 2Kgs. 2:21-23
And that everyone that curses the church must be cursed in return – Is. 54:17/
1Sam. 17:45-50/ Ps. 139:21-22
• We must rise to silence all the agents of the wicked by invoking the arrows of death in their camp – Ex. 22:18/ 1Sam. 2:6/ Ps. 7:10-16/ Ps. 11:5-6
• We must also rise to turn this army of aliens to flight – Heb. 11:33-34/ Ps. 81:10-14/ Lk. 21:15
Recognizing that God says if He can find 10 righteous men in Sodom, He will spare the city – Gen. 18:23-26
Therefore, in the name of Jesus Christ, for the sake of the church of Christ in Nigeria, the boko haram terrorist group shall not succeed to destroy the nation but shall be destroyed and become totally extinct – Matt. 16:18/ Ps. 122:9
Jesus is Lord!